Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taking it too far?

As most every loyal follower of Tabloids and Gossip Bloggers know, earlier this week the infamous Perez Hilton of PerezHilton.com reported on a judging done by Mary, Nigel and Guest Judge Sonya (spelling?) on "So You Think You Can Dance?". Mr. Hilton said some pretty rude things, even going so far as to call Mr. Lythgoe a homophobe. The title to this post links to Mr.Hiltons post where many a comment was left saying that he is out of his mind and it taking it way to personally.

Now while I see HOW it could be taken offensively, I don't think it was meant to be slandering. I have posted the video of the incident for you all to look at and agree or disagree with me. However, I've begun to wonder if Perez thhinks himself the  Jesus of Gays, when in reality he is bringing a bad name to every other gay person. I have many gay friends, and am an ally myself and they are not as harsh and mean to straight people or take such HUGE offense to the slightest accident. Sure what Nigel said may have come off as offensive, but to me it was an accident. 

What do you all think? Do you think Perez needs a slap upside the head? Should we send him a petition of sorts, stating to check ALL his facts before posting a story? To HELP the gay cause and not hurt it? 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment